DGMK German Society for Petroleum and Coal
Science and Technology
Click here for
Click here for New research reports
Function of DGMK
DGMK was founded with the purpose to promote and support science, research and technology and continuing training related to carbon sources in terms of
- Petroleum exploration and drilling
- Production and storage of Hydrocarbons;
- Petroleum refining and product application;
- Coal and biomass processing.
DGMK functions as a panel for experts in the fields of petroleum and coal to support and intensify:
- The linking of professional expertise from universities, industry and administration which deal
with fundamental research as well as with applied science and technology in the field of petroleum technology, petrochemistry and coal processing;
- Organizing conferences the exchange of scientific and technical information and knowledge;
- Fostering national and international professional cooperation between individuals and institutions.
DGMK is a full member of various national and international professional organizations, thus encouraging and facilitating collaboration;
- Sponsoring academic science and continuous training;
- Supporting the implementation of innovative petroleum and coal technologies into a variety of applications by cultivating innovation transfer between universities and industry
- Providing exchange of experience between academic research and users.
As an independent scientific body, DGMK additionally offers extended specific services for:
- Processing general technical industry issues by providing the organizational structure and management service for cooperative research, with the objective of providing information and solving problems. Currently the cooperative DGMK research program comprises 62 different projects in petroleum up- and downstream areas. To date, 544 DGMK-Research Reports have been published.
- Standardization of fuels and lubricants in cooperation with DIN (German Institute for Standardization). DIN FAM (DIN Committee for the Standardization of Fuels and Lubricants) maintains approximately 700 DIN, EN and ISO standards.
- Development of new petroleum related industry standards and test methods.
- Support of DAkkS (Deutsche Akkreditierungsstelle GmbH), the German accreditation body for the accreditation of test laboratories and certification bodies according to DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025 and/or EN 45004. DGMK/FAM supports the sector committee for petroleum products.
Members of DGMK
Basis of all DGMK activities is the active cooperation of its 1800 members that, comprise individuals, industry, institutions and academia interested in petroleum, petroleum products and coal. Anybody active and interested in these topics is welcome to apply for membership and join DGMK.