DGMK German Society for Petroleum and Coal
Science and Technology
Click here for
Click here for New research reports
The purpose of DGMK
The purpose of DGMK is to promote and advance science, research, technology
and continuing education relating to fossil fuels in the following sections:
DGMK serves as a forum for petroleum professionals by:
* Combining professional expertise from universities, industry, and
administration in joint research projects;
* Organizing conferences in order to provide exchange of scientific
and technical information and knowledge;
* Promoting any type of suitable national and international professional
cooperation between individuals and institutions. To facilitate this intention
DGMK is a full member of various national and international professional
* Assisting in directing new petroleum and coal technology to a variety of uses by
cultivating transfer of innovations from universities to industry and feeding
back practical experience into academic research and teaching.
Furthermore specific standardization function is assigned to another body supported by DGMK:
* FAM German Standardization Committee on Petroleum Products and Lubricants;
Members of DGMK
All DGMK-activities are carried out on the basis of the members (about 1.900).
Application for membership is open to everybody - either individual or
company/institution related to hydrocarbon academia or industry.